Simplicity 7086, View B

I finished another version of Simplicity 7086; this time I made view B, with short sleeves:

I finally figured out how to use the timer on my camera and found the tripod, so no mirror photos this time. But I still didn't manage to get my head in the picture. Oh well . . .

I remembered to transfer the adjustments to the shoulders this time. But I still think the sleeves are a little wonky at the shoulder . . . I'm not sure if it's a fitting issue and I need to adjust the sleeve pattern to take out some of the ease or if it's a sewing issue and I just need more practice??? They look okay in the photos, and they do look just like the photo on the pattern. But up close, I think they look . . . slightly puckery and a little poofy.

I am pleased with everything else -- I even got the collar right this time! This fabric is a very lightweight cotton purchased from the clearance section at JoAnn Fabrics. It isn't quite as pink as it appears in the photo. I actually used brown thread and buttons because I thought it had browns in it, but that's just an illusion, I guess. The colors remind me of the changing leaves on the maple tree in my back yard; a little purple, a little gold, a little burgundy . . . I also didn't realize there was a "pattern" until I started cutting out the pieces of the blouse. I thought it was a solid stripe throughout; but I like the effect of the variations. I didn't attempt to match them up this time.

So now I have another blouse to knock around town in (at least for a few more weeks).

Feet and other accessories for my Designer SE I used to make this blouse include:
  • clear seam guide foot (5/8" seams)
  • left edge topstitch foot (topstitched the collar)
  • sensor buttonhole foot (buttonholes)
  • button foot with placement tool (buttons)
  • edge/quilting guide (for 1" hems on sleeves and bottom edge)
I also used my Huskylock 936 serger and a narrow 3-thread overlock to finish the raw edges of the facings and hems.


Popular Posts